With 10CRIC offering dozens of different roulette games, including 5 kinds of live roulette, there’s plenty of exciting gameplay waiting for you to try your luck on. Read on to find out more about our roulette games and the very basics on how to play. Let’s start with a very common question…
Can I play roulette with rupees?
Yes, you can! At 10CRIC you can play many types of roulette games in your own currency: rupees. That means you don’t need to worry about thinking in different currencies or working out conversion rates. You can just choose your game, play and win real money!
What is roulette?
Roulette is French for ‘little wheel’. The game of roulette has been played as it is now since around 1796 and was a popular game in casinos in France, as it is today.
Simply put, roulette is a tilted wheel around which a dealer rolls a ball in the opposite way to what the wheel is spinning. The ball then gradually slows down until falling into one of the coloured pockets that make up the wheel. Roulette players bet on which of these pockets the ball will fall into and win if they predict the pocket correctly.
There are different types of roulette wheels, but all have pockets numbered 1-36. If you are playing European Roulette or French Roulette, you will notice that the table also has a “0”. If you’re playing American Roulette, you will see that the table has a ‘0’ and ‘00’. Read on to learn more about roulette, including how to play, how much you can win, and what the different game varieties are.
The rules for playing roulette are very simple. You can go from not knowing anything about the game to playing it confidently in a very short space of time. The roulette table is made up of two different areas:
- a roulette wheel with little pockets numbered from 1-36 and the green 0 (also 00 on American roulette wheels).
- a betting board adjacent to the wheel, where the numbers are laid out in three rows and 12 columns, from 1-2-3 up to 34-35-36.
You should place your bets by placing your chips on a number or a combination of numbers on the board. The aim of the game is to place chips on the number you think the little white ball will land on in the roulette wheel.
For each round, players place their bets on the table, the dealer spins the wheel and spins the white ball the other way, then whoever has bet on the number that the white ball lands on, wins.
Roulette bet types and winning potential
How much can you win from roulette online? A lot of that depends on how much you choose to bet and what you choose to bet on. Apart from betting on a single number to win, you can also bet on several numbers at once with street, corner and trio bets, for example. You can also bet that the winning number will fall into one of the ranges of 1-18 or 19-36. And you can bet on whether the winning number will be red or black, or odd or even. How you choose to bet will affect how much you can win. Betting on a single number will pay out more than betting on red or black, for example. Here are some payouts of the most common roulette bets:
– Single/straight number: 36 times your stake
Straight is betting on one number, hence it is also called a single-number bet. Understandably, this is the bet with the lowest winning probability, and the highest payout – 36:1
– Split: 18 times your stake
Split is a bet on two consecutive numbers. The numbers you choose should be neighbours on the betting board grid
– Street: 12 times your stake
Street is a three-number bet. You bet on a horizontal line – for example: 25, 26, 27. The chip should be placed on the edge of the number at the beginning of the chosen horizontal line.
– Corner: 9 times your stake
Corner is a bet on four numbers that form a square on the table – for example: 1, 2, 4, and 5. The chip should be placed the middle of the square.
– Column: 3 times your stake
Column allows you to bet on a column on the table (there are three columns altogether). The chip should be placed on the box marked 2:1 at the bottom of the chosen column.
– Odd/Even: 2 times your stake
Here you bet on whether the winning number will be odd or even
– Red/Black: 2 times your stake
Here you bet on the colour of the winning number
– 1-18/19-36: 2 times your stake
This bet means you are trying to guess if the winning number will be low (lower than 18) or high (19-36)
So, if you bet ₹100 on 15 and 15 is the winning number, you will win ₹3,600 (this includes your stake).
Roulette strategies in brief
So now that you have a basic idea of how to play roulette, you’re probably wondering if there are any roulette strategies you can use to win. One of the reasons that roulette is such a popular game is that those numbers mean different things to different people. Some people choose to bet on the birthday numbers of friends or family members. Some bet on the numbers from the date of their wedding. Other people have lucky numbers that they claim help them win.
Indeed, there are some strategies (more like ways of betting) that many gamblers believe can give you an edge over the house when you play online roulette.
But what you really have to remember is that roulette is a game of chance. No-one can influence where that little white ball will land… .and that is what makes the game so much fun for so many people!
- Gambling horoscopes
In astrology, earning or winning money through lottery, betting or casino, depends on the houses of one’s birth chart, that relate to wealth and unexpected events, together with the favourable placement of planets within these houses. There are players that engage in gambling only during such favourable periods. They can also try to attract the good fortune by wearing special lucky objects, such as amulets or talismans.
Whatever your secret to attracting good luck, we’d like to add a little extra with our special roulette bonus.
Variations of the game
At 10CRIC you’ll find 21 different kinds of roulette to choose from. These fall into 5 different categories, let’s take a look at them and see how they differ.
- 3D Roulette: Open this variation of roulette and you’ll get a nice clean layout and amazing graphics of the roulette wheel! There’s even background noise like you’d hear at a real casino and pleasant music. 10CRIC’s 3D Roulette game is European Roulette in that it only has one zero.
- European Roulette: Choose this kind of roulette and you’ll get the same kind of table layout as you’d see in a casino in Europe. There is only one zero on the wheel of a European Roulette game, which means you have a slightly better chance of winning compared to other games that have 0 and 00. 10CRIC offers several European Roulette games including Roulette VIP, Common Draw Roulette, European Roulette Small Bets and European Roulette Gold Series.
- American Roulette: This version of roulette includes the green numbers 0 and 00 and is most commonly found in casinos in the USA, Canada and the Caribbean. The order of the numbers on the wheel is also different. Try 10CRIC’s American Roulette or American Roulette Gold Series.
- French Roulette: This type of roulette is very similar to European Roulette and is played by the same rules. The only difference is in the layout of the betting board. Try French Roulette for yourself at 10CRIC Casino and see if you like it.
- Live Casino Roulette: Choose a live streaming version of roulette and you’ll get a beautiful young lady as your dealer! There are many live roulette games to choose from at 10CRIC Casino, including Lightning Roulette, Immersive Roulette and Speed Auto Roulette.
So, that’s everything you need to know to get you started playing roulette. It’s super-fast, easy and convenient to play online roulette from your computer or mobile phone and in rupees too! By this point you should be keen to try it for yourself.
Simply log in at 10CRIC , choose a game and start playing!